SyntaxHighlighter

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pondering Change to Atlantides Aggregators: Excavation Blogs

The subscription list for Maia Atlantis is getting pretty huge. In a recent post, Bill Caraher reminded me that there's a big (and growing) genre of excavation blogs. I think this genre is heavily underrepresented in the Atlantides feed aggregator constellation.

It occurred to me that it might be worthwhile to put dig-specific blogs into their own aggregator, and pull the few currently in Maia out and put them there too.

On the up side, that might help keep Maia to a manageable size. On the down side it would mean splitting up what has, until now, been a one-stop shop for ancient world blog content. And there would inevitably be some blogs in which lots of interesting non-excavation posts appear alongside hard-core dig news and status.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

Chuck Jones said...

I think this is a good idea. I'm encountering new excavation blogs on an almost weekly basis. Many of them are seasonal, others are not. I say go for it!