SyntaxHighlighter

Saturday, January 5, 2008

The New Job

A big change ... and continuity too.

On the first of February I will be changing jobs: I'll take on the position of Associate Director for Digital Programs in New York University's new Institute for the Study of the Ancient World. It's a tremendous opportunity, and I'm eager to get started supporting ISAW's research, teaching and outreach missions and in collaborating with colleagues and friends at other institutions to address digital research and infrastructure needs across the breadth of ancient studies.

Leaving UNC and especially the Ancient World Mapping Center is bittersweet; it's been the center of my professional life for 12 years now. My thanks to all the teachers, colleagues, students and friends who've made that time and place so stimulating and rewarding.

As to Pleiades: I've been discussing with Richard, Ross and my new boss (Roger Bagnall) restructuring the current bilateral collaboration (AWMC and the Stoa) as a tripartite confederation adding ISAW. Indeed, ISAW will support my continued work as the Pleiades director as we finish out the current grant period and work to identify follow-on support for continued work.

It's going to be an exciting year!

4 comments:

G.W. Schwendner said...

congratulations

Unknown said...

Thanks Gregg

Anonymous said...

That's great! I have talked of the new Center at NYU with my good friend (and your collegue now...) Clemente Marconi when I was in New York last october. And I was just thinking that this would be a great opportunity for the EAGLE/EpiDoc project... So... wow!
Silvia

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tom.